Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Project Proposal

My Idea:
 
Discussing the idea of living in Chicago with all the possibilities one has because of a big city atmosphere.

My Concept:
Using infographics as well as posters to help describe and show what things are attainable in Chicago. I want people to understand that anything is possible on a budget in a large city. I'd like to show what spots in entertainment, food, relaxation, etc are available and the short distance between all these places. I would like to create one giant map of the city that shows the context of all these places in relation to each other in terms of distance.
 
 
Weekly Timeline:
 
Week 2:
Research costs and destinations in the city
 
Week 3:
Start work on giant map of the city
 
Week 4:
Start documenting various locations in city and explain why they may seem appealing to many.
 
Week 5:
Write out an essay determining the easiness to get from one place to the next and the low cost. Also look into mass transit and work on other mini posters to complement the one large poster.
 
Week 6:
Final touches on large map.
 
Week 7:
Print all posters.
 
 
Week 8:
Go over final project and fix any mistakes.
 
Week 9:
Make necessary final changes.
 
Week 10:
Present

6 comments:

  1. I like the idea that you will share your love for the city with others through a creative infographic project. However to succeed one needs to define a more specific boundary what do you cover in this project. Too broad will water down everything. Needs some focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article might help develop your idea a little more, or give you some kind of a format. I think this is a great idea and there is a lot you can do with it. I'm excited to see where you take it.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/22/travel/22parisweb.html?_r=1&ex=1177819200&en=e40cf43c95b39990&ei=5070&emc=eta1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a good idea. I really think that you should find something that makes it more unique. I am looking forward to the way in which it is all presented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would stick to the basics in city maps it can be easy to get lost. Please think about the full image when laying out routes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your concept it pretty strong and can have a lot of different avenues to go down and have a lot of detail. I would watch out that this project doesn't have too much detail though, and over whelm the viewer.

    ReplyDelete